Most of us have somebody in our lives who is struggling with mental health issues. Unfortunately, many of us may not be aware of this struggle as we are unable to spot the signs of mental health issues. And even when you can spot the signs, you may not know what to do or how to help somebody whom you can see is struggling.The Mental Health Awareness course acts as something of a mental health primer. It provides you with a general understanding of some of the most common mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression, and psychosis. It also helps you to spot the signs of these issues manifesting and provides you with practical tools to confront them.
Synopsis:You can think of this training as a mental health first aid course. It is designed to equip you with the foundational skills you need to recognize and respond to those who have mental health issues in your workplace or your personal life. In addition to providing a general overview of the mental health dilemma, it equips you with practical tools that you can use to help yourself and others.
Description:Imagine that you are standing in a group of five people. You are all happily talking away and everybody seems to be enjoying the conversation.
What you may not know is that one of the people in this group is struggling. Mental health issues affect one in every five people. Unfortunately, many who do not have these issues struggle to spot the signs of them in others. The result is that many who are struggling can’t receive the help they need due to a simple lack of mental health awareness.
This course is designed to provide you with a foundation of knowledge around the subject of mental health. Developed by the psychology faculty at WMHI, the course examines the subject of mental health from a range of perspectives, taking diverse cultural and medical concerns into account.
Think of this course as a mental health primer that equips you with useful tools while also preparing you for more focused mental health courses.
- Eliminate the stigma attached to discussing and confronting mental health issues.
- Develop a broad understanding of mental health issues by examining them through various cultural lenses.
- Learn how to spot the warning signs of an impending mental health issue.
- Understand how to respond effectively when a friend, loved one, or colleague demonstrates signs of struggling with their mental health.
Benefits of the Mental Health Awareness Course
- A self-paced online course that participants can take at a time that suits them.
- The course is split into modules of approximately 10 minutes in length, allowing flexibility in how you learn.
- Developed by an experienced faculty of psychologists who can help you to appreciate different perspectives on the subject of mental health.
- Learn about the “WARM” model, which provides a step-by-step guide on how to respond when confronted with a mental health issue.
- Workplaces develop the tools and techniques needed to become more inclusive.
Who Is This Course For?
- Anybody who wishes to raise their mental health awareness while developing practical strategies for responding to mental health challenges.
- Leaders who hope to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- All leaders and employees who wish to raise their understanding of what to do when faced with a mental health crisis.
Have a Group?:Group discounts apply.
Key individuals at your organization can be allocated ´Manager´ status to track the progress of each participant through the program.
Alternatively, this online course can also be provided to you in SCORM files to upload to your Learning Management System.
Please CONTACT US for a quote.
- What is a mental health problem? Details Unlimited
- Quiz: Mental Health Problem Unlimited
- Different perspectives on mental health Details Unlimited
- Quiz: Different Perspectives Unlimited
- How common are mental health problems? Details 00:00:00
- Quiz: Common Mental Health Problems Unlimited
- Signs & Symptoms of Depression Details 00:00:00
- Quiz: Signs and Symptoms of Depression Unlimited
- How do I respond if I am concerned? Details 00:00:00
- Quiz: How to Respond Unlimited