Mental Health Conversations for Managers is an advanced online course designed to help Leaders, Managers and Supervisors gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, how to identify and respond if a team member is not coping, and how to handle the more complex scenarios managers face in their role, such as how to handle performance management of a hybrid and neurodiverse workforce in the context of mental ill health, flexible arrangements, privacy and safety issues. It also teaches managers how to enhance the resilience of their teams and prevent mental health issues from developing or escalating.
Advanced Mental Health Training for Leaders and Managers to identify, manage and protect the mental health and wellbeing of their employees.
The Mental Health Conversations online course is designed to help managers gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, know how to identify if a team member is not coping, and respond appropriately to support the person and the team, so they can perform at their best.
To face the coming challenges in the workplace and the world at large, Leaders, Managers and Supervisors must respond to the challenges presented with a stable, grounded, and clear presence of mind.
It is essential for the sustainability and future of the business, and equally for the health and wellbeing of each employee, that organizations align the very best mental health knowledge and most powerful and positive paradigms so that staff can proactively deal with whatever occurs in the coming weeks and months.
That’s why it’s so important that managers gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, know how to support the resilience of their teams, and how to respond if a team member is not coping. Mental Health Conversations for Managers equips Leaders and Managers to do just that.
In this online course managers will learn:
- How to identify signs and symptoms of stress and mental health vulnerability
- How to conduct an effective and appropriate conversation about mental health, ensuring they act within the limits of their role as managers.
- How, where and when to access resources and connect people with appropriate support services
- How to manage performance, where mental health issues may also exist
- How to undertake reasonable adjustments to work schedules and practices, including our eventual return to work
- How to prevent mental health issues from escalating, by creating a mentally health and psychologically safe working environment.
This self-paced online course allows participants to access the training at a time suitable to them. Video modules of approximately 10 minutes each can be completed in one sitting or one at a time as desired. Participants complete short assessment quizzes at various points throughout the course, to test their knowledge and understanding.
A certificate of completion is provided upon successful completion of the course.
“The videos were concise and engaging and the tests at the end of each module were specific enough that you had to have watched the video to get a good score.” – Katie, UNSW
Who The Course Is For:
- People in leadership positions in all workplaces that carry the legal and financial risk of the company.
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders responsible for protecting the health and wellbeing of their teams.
- Managers and supervisors facing the challenges of building an agile and hybrid workforce.
Have A Group?
Group discounts apply.
Key individuals at your organization can be allocated ´Manager´ status to track the progress of each participant through the program.
Alternatively, this online course can also be provided to you in SCORM files to upload to your Learning Management System. Please contact us for a quote.
- 4. How Common are Mental Health Issues? Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 4 Unlimited
- 5. Understanding Anxiety Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 5 Unlimited
- 6. Understanding Depression Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 6 Unlimited
- 7. Understanding Psychosis Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 7 Unlimited
- 8. Understanding Substance Use Disorders Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 8 Unlimited
- 9. What if I am Concerned for a Staff Member´s Wellbeing Details 00:00:00
- 10. PIECES Model for Responding to Mental Ill Health as a Manager Details 00:00:00
- 10A. PIECES Model – Part 2 Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 9-10 Unlimited
- 11. Seeking Further Support Details 00:00:00
- 12. What If They Don´t Want Help? Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 11-12 Unlimited
- 13. Responding to Someone Who Discloses Mental Ill-Health Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 13 Unlimited
- 18. Conclusion Details 00:00:00