Mental Health Conversations for Managers is an advanced online course designed to help Leaders, Managers and Supervisors gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, how to identify and respond if a team member is not coping, and how to handle the more complex scenarios managers face in their role, such as how to handle performance management of a hybrid and neurodiverse workforce in the context of mental ill health, flexible arrangements, privacy and safety issues. This mental health training for managers teaches managers and leaders how to enhance the resilience of their teams and prevent mental health issues from developing or escalating.
Advanced Mental Health Training for Leaders and Managers to be able to learn and identify, manage and protect the mental health and wellbeing of their employees.
Synopsis:The Mental Health Conversations online course is a workshop designed to help managers gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, how to support the resilience of their teams, and know how to respond if a team member is not coping.
Description:To face the coming challenges in the workplace and the world at large, employees must respond to the challenges presented with a stable, grounded, and clear presence of mind.
It is essential for the sustainability and future of the business, and equally for the health and wellbeing of each employee, that organizations align the very best mental health knowledge and most powerful and positive paradigms so that staff can proactively deal with whatever occurs in the coming weeks and months.
That’s why it’s so important that managers gain an understanding of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, know how to support the resilience of their teams, and know how to respond if a team member is not coping. The Mental Health Conversations equips managers to do just that.
Learning Outcomes:In this online course managers will learn:
- How to Identify signs and symptoms of stress and mental health vulnerability
- How to conduct a conversation with clear boundaries, acknowledging managers are not counselors
- How and where to access resources and connect people with appropriate support services
- Practical strategies, tools, and techniques to improve resilience
- How to undertake reasonable adjustments to work schedules and practices, including our eventual return to work
"Hugely impressive. The session was an excellent practical session on these important conversations." – Jenny, Prime Minister & Cabinet
Self-Paced Online Course:These self-paced online courses, allow participants to access the course at a time suitable to them. Video modules of approximately 10 minutes each can be completed in one sitting or one at a time as desired. Participants complete short assessment quizzes at various points throughout the course, to test their knowledge and understanding.
If this course is intended to train a large number of managers and supervisors in your organization, then key individuals at your organization can be allocated ´Manager´ status to track the progress of each participant through the program.
A certificate of completion is provided upon successful completion of the course.
“The videos were concise and engaging and the tests at the end of each module were specific enough that you had to have watched the video to get a good score.” – Katie, UNSW
Who Is This Course For:
- People in leadership positions in all workplaces that carry the legal and financial risk of the company.
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders responsible for protecting the health and wellbeing of their teams.
- Managers and supervisors facing the challenges of an agile and hybrid workforce.
Have A Group?:Group discounts apply.
Key individuals at your organization can be allocated ´Manager´ status to track the progress of each participant through the program.
Alternatively, this online course can also be provided to you in SCORM files to upload to your Learning Management System.
Please contact us for a quote.
- 4. How Common are Mental Health Issues? Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 4 Unlimited
- 5. Understanding Anxiety Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 5 Unlimited
- 6. Understanding Depression Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 6 Unlimited
- 7. Understanding Psychosis Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 7 Unlimited
- 8. Understanding Substance Use Disorders Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 8 Unlimited
- 9. What if I am Concerned for a Staff Member´s Wellbeing Details 00:00:00
- 10. PIECES Model for Responding to Mental Ill Health as a Manager Details 00:00:00
- 10A. PIECES Model – Part 2 Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 9-10 Unlimited
- 11. Seeking Further Support Details 00:00:00
- 12. What If They Don´t Want Help? Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 11-12 Unlimited
- 13. Responding to Someone Who Discloses Mental Ill-Health Details 00:00:00
- MHCM Quiz 13 Unlimited
- 18. Conclusion Details 00:00:00