How do you look after your employees’ mental health while also effectively managing their performance?
It’s a big question that does not have a simple answer. However, knowing how to hold empowering mental health conversations with your people plays a crucial role in your ability to guide your employees to a healthier and happier working life.
Our conversation-based online training for managers focuses on helping you to navigate through difficult and stressful conversations. It provides you with the tools that you need to better understand the challenges your employees face and how you can open up a conversation related to those challenges. The mental health training for managers shows you how to enhance team resilience and how to prevent mental health issues from developing or escalating through empowered conversation.
Advanced Online Mental Health Training for Leaders To Help Them Hold Conversations That Allow Them to Manage and Protect the Mental Health And Wellbeing of Their People
As a practical course designed to equip you with the right skills to effectively manage and navigate conversations related to mental health, this course does more than tell you what to do. It shows you how to do it. By the end of this workshop, you will develop a deeper understanding of mental health issues in the workplace and have practical tools you can use to improve your team’s resilience.
How do you encourage your people to talk to somebody when they’re struggling? What can you do to ensure you’re in a position to help and empower your employees when they come to you to discuss their mental health issues?
The mental health conversations online training course answers these questions. This course focuses on equipping you with the conversational skills needed to confront the often complex mental health challenges that employees face in the modern workplace.
Containing 13 modules, the course starts by focusing on foundational knowledge about mental health before providing you with practical tools to help you identify and respond to mental health issues.
In this online course managers will learn:
- Understand how to identify the signs and symptoms of mental health vulnerability.
- Discover how to hold conversations with clear boundaries while acknowledging the fact that you are not a counselor.
- Learn how and where to access appropriate resources to empower your employees.
- Develop the practical strategies, tools, and techniques needed to improve resilience through conversation.
On successful completion of the course assessment, you will receive a certificate of accreditation, which may be used for professional development requirements, with your professional body.
Benefits of this Mental Health Training for Leaders
- A self-paced online course that participants can take at a time that suits them.
- The course is split into modules of approximately 10 minutes in length, allowing flexibility in how you learn.
- A focus on developing practical skills that you can apply in a wide variety of scenarios.
- A results-focused course with an average ROI of approximately $20 for every dollar spent.
- Achieve reductions in employee absenteeism and stress claims.
- The course confronts complex topics using everyday language to help you develop your understanding so you can apply what you learn in a practical setting.
“The videos were concise and engaging and the tests at the end of each module were specific enough that you had to have watched the video to get a good score.” – Katie, UNSW
Who is this course for:
- Anybody who is in a leadership position that carries a legal or financial risk within a company.
- Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who work directly with, and are responsible for, other people.
- Leaders who wish to help their people overcome the challenges presented by an increasingly agile and complex workplace.
- Module 1: Introduction to Workplace Mental Health
- Module 2: What is Mental Ill Health?
- Module 3: Diverse Perspectives on Mental Health
- Module 4: How Common are Mental Health Issues?
- Module 5: Understanding Anxiety
- Module 6: Understanding Depression
- Module 7: Understanding Psychosis
- Module 8: Understanding Substance Use Disorders
- Module 9: What if I am Concerned for a Staff Member´s Wellbeing
- Module 10: Pieces Model for Responding to Mental Ill Health as a Manager
- Module 11: Pieces Model – Part 2
- Module 12: Seeking Further Support
- Module 13: What if They Don´t Want Help?
- Module 14: Responding to Someone Who Discloses Mental Ill-Health
- Module 15: Managing Performance and Mental Health
- Module 16: Considerations for Privacy and Mental Health
- Module 17: Appropriate Flexible Arrangements
- Module 18: Role Modelling Resilience
- Module 19: Summary of Key Learnings
Have a Group?:
Key individuals at your organization can be allocated ´Manager´ status to track the progress of each participant through the program.
Alternatively, this online course can also be provided to you in SCORM files to upload to your Learning Management System.
Please CONTACT US for a quote.